AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires chemical engineers to shape a sustainable future. When we reach 2050 and we know whether we’ve met the challenge of a changing climate, today’s students will be in the primes of their careers.
For the fourth year, AVEVA is hosting several waves of process simulation competitions for students in North America, Europe, and beyond. Put your process simulation skills to the test for a chance at a cash prize or an internship at our California office (conditions apply)!
This year’s competition takes on one of the biggest challenges the transition to a hydrogen economy entails: How to transport and store hydrogen. Hydrogen can be formed by the electrolysis of water using electricity generated from renewable sources. However, the direct transportation of hydrogen requires very high pressures or very low temperatures–both of which are expensive. This year’s problem will compare direct hydrogen transportation to the chemical conversion of hydrogen to ammonia and the subsequent transportation of liquid ammonia.
What we are offering:
- 1st prize – Winner for Best Overall receives $3,000 or the opportunity to take an internship with AVEVA
- 2nd prize – Winner for Best Steady-State Simulation receives $1,000
- 3rd prize – Winner for Best Economics Optimization receives $1,000
- 4th prize – Winner for Best Dynamics receives $1,000
- November 1, 2023 - Project Problem Statement (Part 1) released
- December 1, 2023 - Part 1 submission due
- December 4, 2023 - Project Problem Statement (Part 2) released
- January 2, 2024- Part 2 submission due
- January 3, 2024- Project Problem Statement (Part 3) released
- February 2, 2024- Part 3 submission due
Results will be published on February 29, 2024.
Want to know more about this competition?
Watch this presentation by
Professor & Chair,
Department of Chemical Engineering West Virginia University
Lead author of Analysis, Synthesis, and Design of Chemical Processes
Chemical Process Equipment Design