AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires chemical engineers to shape a sustainable future. When we reach 2050 and we know whether we’ve met the challenge of a changing climate, today’s students will be in the primes of their careers.
For the fourth year, AVEVA is hosting a process simulation competition for students in North America and Europe. Put your process simulation skills to the test for a chance at a cash prize or an internship at our California office! (Conditions apply)
This year’s competition addresses one of the big challenges of transitioning to sustainable energy - storage. We cannot choose when the wind blows. Any energy system reliant on the wind will require grid-scale storage of one form or another. This year’s problem will explore the process design choices that must be analyzed to store energy in the form of methanol.
What we are offering:
- 1st prize – Winner for Best Overall receives $3,000 or the opportunity to take an internship with AVEVA
- 2nd prize – Winner for Best Steady-State Simulation receives $1,000
- 3rd prize – Winner for Best Economics Optimization receives $1,000
- 4th prize – Winner for Best Dynamics receives $1,000
Learn more now by reading the terms and conditions.
Registration open from Nov 6th, 2021 through Jan 4th, 2022
- January 5th, 2022 - Project Problem Statement (Part 1) released
- February 1st, 2022 - Part 1 submission due
- February 2nd, 2022 - Project Problem Statement (Part 2) released
- March 1st, 2022 - Part 2 submission due
- March 2nd, 2022 - Project Problem Statement (Part 3) released
- April 1st, 2022 - Part 3 submission due
Results will be published on May 1st
Want to know more about this competition?
Watch this presentation by Dr. Richard Turton.
Professor & Chair,
Department of Chemical Engineering West Virginia University
Lead author of Analysis, Synthesis, and Design of Chemical Processes
Chemical Process Equipment Design